Paleo Pumpkin Chili. Used olive oil instead of avocado oil and honey instead of coconut sugar (didn’t want to buy either). Added a chopped jalapeno just because. Ingredients perfectly meld together. Prep time was minimal, which is a major weekday win. New go-to.
Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Arugula Salad (arugula, tomato, radishes, peppers, simple dressing). Sprouts only had raw shelled pistachios, so I bought shell-on roasted. Shelled them while sitting on couch night before and stored in baggie. Crushed them in the baggie using my pestle. Used 1.89 lbs of salmon instead of 1 lb but left rest of ingredients the same amount (there was still enough to cover the salmon). Baked for 18 mins instead of 10-15. Impressive looking and only took around 20 mins.
Spaghetti Squash Noodle Bowl. Unique dish. Not flavors I typically cook with but quite tasty. Used almond butter.
Spicy Chipotle Butternut Squash Chili. Simple recipe. Butternut squash takes on potato texture. Hearty.
Sprouts shopping list (weekly ad)
- Salmon (1 ½ lbs; on sale $5.99/lb)
- Ground beef (1 lb; on sale $3.99/lb)
- Ground pork (1 lb)
- Ground turkey (2 lbs; on sale $4.99/lb)
- Ginger root (piece of knob)
- Green onions (1 bunch)
- Cilantro (1 bunch)
- Celery (1 head; on sale $.88/bunch))
- Radishes (1 bunch)
- Broccoli (enough for 2 cups)
- Spaghetti squash (1; on sale $.69/lb)
- Butternut squash (2 lbs; on sale $.69/lb)
- Green bell pepper (1)
- Serrano peppers (4)
- Fresh sage (1 container)
- Chicken broth (1 container)
- Diced tomatoes (2 cans; Muir Glen brand on sale 5/$5)
- Almond butter (Sprouts brand on sale $7.49/big tub)
- Coconut sugar (2 tbsp; may just use honey if not in bulk area at Sprouts)
- Pistachios (½ cup; shelled, salted & dry roasted)
Need but have at home
Olive oil, onion, garlic, pumpkin puree (1 can), beef broth, chili powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, cayenne, black pepper, bay leaf, nutmeg, coconut oil, chipotle powder, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, sriracha, coconut aminos, spinach, limes (2), white wine vinegar, honey sesame oil, red pepper flakes, dijon mustard