Pictures are taken right before we eat, so they’re not pretty but real life.
Sweet Potato Crust Pizza. Decided to try while watching The Kitchen on Food Network. Easy and super delicious. Added black olives and topped with chopped flat leaf Italian parsley. Will experience with different flavors next time. Don’t love broccoli rabe. Fun alternative to standard pizza and not a gut bomb.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken. Go-to cozy meal. The best. I add spices at same time as chicken and bell peppers (I use 3) at same time as tomato sauce. I cook for 10 minutes instead of 8.
Chicken & Broccoli Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash. Another recipe from The Kitchen. Roasted spaghetti squash night before (didn’t roast it for the full 90 minutes). Also night before, cooked chicken breasts (halved because Sprouts chicken breasts are super thick/huge) in Instant Pot on Poultry setting for 20 minutes. Sprinkled with salt and pepper prior to cooking. Will use three halves for this recipe. Using frozen broccoli.
White Chicken Chili. Already cooked the chicken breasts, so may adjust cooking method or add in at same time as corn.
Sprouts shopping list (weekly ad)
- Grated Parmesan (need ½ cup)
- Goat cheese, crumbled (container of crumbles at Trader Joe’s for $2.49)
- Shredded mozzarella (1½ cups; got at Trader Joe’s)
- Hot Italian sausage (4oz)
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs (3½ lbs)
- Cilantro (2 bunches)
- Flat leaf Italian parsley (1 bunch)
- Green bell peppers (3; on sale 3/$1)
- Broccoli rabe (need ½ bunch; got a Trader Joe’s)
- Spaghetti squash (1 medium; 2½ to 3lbs; on sale $.88/lb)
- Frozen broccoli (1 bag)
- Frozen corn (1 bag)
- Neufchtel cheese (or ⅓ less fat cream cheese; 4oz)
- Cannellini beans (15oz can)
- Pizza sauce
- Chicken broth (1 carton)
- Almond flour (cheaper at Trader Joe’s)
Need but have at home
Olive oil, sweet potato (2), salt, garlic powder, egg (1), red pepper flakes, ghee, onion (3), paprika, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne, cumin, tomato sauce (1-15oz can), coconut milk, garlic cloves (21), fresh ginger (can buy tube at Trader Joe’s), 2% milk (2 cups), Greek yogurt (¼ cup), celery (4 stalks), jalapenos (3), chili powder, oregano