Pumpkin Chorizo Soup. go-to recipe. Using a lb of chorizo instead of ½ lb.
Chicken tetrazzini with zucchini noodles go-to recipe. I put on three huge chicken breasts in the crock pot before work with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper. Shredded chicken after work and used a portion with this recipe. (I prefer shredded chicken over chopped or cubed chicken any day.) Used 2 containers of mushrooms and most of a bag of frozen peas; more than what the recipe calls for. I like this ratio better.
Made Up Soup That Tasted Really Good and Got Rid of Stuff in my Fridge/Cabinet
- 1 can Black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can Kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 2 cans rotel
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 2 cans green chilies
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 or 5 celery stalks, chopped
- Chopped cilantro
Mix all together in crock pot and cook on low. I put it on at lunch (12 p.m.) and turned it off around 7 p.m. Added in shredded chicken leftover from Tuesday.